[clug-talk] Remote Desktop Software

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Tue Sep 27 14:57:33 PDT 2005

If you are trying to remote to a windows box, then the RDP protocol works
fine.  I'm using the krdc tool right now to connect to a windows server for
work purposes.  krdc also support VNC as an added bonus (though not what
you're looking for).

A little clarification might help - are you looking for a client tool to
connect to a remote box, or are you looking for the server tool to provide
the services - or both maybe?

On the server end, I've been hearing great things about FreeNX.  On the client
end, well, that's a matter of personal preference I guess, but I see no
reason why I shouldn't be using krdc (unless you are trying to connect to
FreeNX, then it won't work out of the box - I think).

My thoughts.

Shawn