[clug-talk] Remote Desktop Software

Adil Kodian akodian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:11:17 PDT 2005

if you have the money - nothing beats Hummingbird Exceed - ive run 12 users
off the same HPUX server through exceed - all working at near-local speed.
Im presuming you want to run a windows client that uses a desktop on a Linux
server.
 If you have a linux/mac client and a linux desktop - then why not just
application x forwarding ? If the server and client are on the same network
(or both have public IPs) then simply set the environment variable DISPLAY
to be the client's IP:0 - the 0 is the desktop number on the client - leave
it at 0 if you dont know what that is. The next time you fire up
mozilla-firefox& the browser window will popup on your local client.