[clug-talk] GPG Tutorial

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Mon Sep 26 08:41:54 PDT 2005

On Sunday 25 September 2005 9:35 pm, Michael Walters wrote:
Hey Michael,

> I labeled this message important, and then started to read the tutorial.
> By the time I got to key revoking in the introduction I realized that I
> am almost brain dead by 21:30.

Happens to me too.

> So I am going to go back to the url when I am more alert and will read
> all of it carefully and then generate my private and public keys.

Good plan. The directions are very good and if followed to the letter should
get you what you want. As I said, I will try to avail myself if I can. This
is a bad week... moving but I will check later tonight at the latest.

Actually Michael, I would like you to try to do this on your own and document
your trials. I would be interested to hear about your experience. I've been
reading a lot about GPG these days and it seems like second nature to me now.
I'm curious to hear the perspective of someone coming into it fresh.

> If I find my misplaced wallet, I will do a key exchange at the next
> meeting I attend. But after I learn how to create my private and public
> keys I will do so even if I do not yet have enough ID to convince others
> that I am who I say I am. Unfortunately my clug card and my personal
> identity card are in that wallet.

Have no fears, I will vouch for you. I'm sure your brother Mel would also
vouch for you. I saw your ID when you signed up for Tier 2 membership
originally so I know who you are. ;) As for your wallet, good luck in finding
that, it's not fun having to replace ID, bank cards, etc. Talk to Neil about
a new CLUG card though, I'm sure he can hook you up.
--
Jarrod Major
Registered Linux User: #224211