[clug-talk] GPG Tutorial

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Sun Sep 25 17:32:39 PDT 2005

Hi Jarrod,

I used to have GPG installed on my earlier Fedora box, but haven't gotten
around to setting it up on my newer Kanotix.

I'm not sure if you know, but I host a weekly podcast targetted at new
GNU/Linux users titled, aptly, The GNU/Linux User Show.

I'd love to do a show on GPG. How would you feel about talking me through
setting GPG up via Skype so I can record the call and use it on a future show
about GPG?

Since we're talking to new users here we don't get too bogged down in the
weeds about technical stuff. All I'd want to cover off with you is:

1. What GPG is (a little banter about public key encryption would be cool -
it's an interest of mine)
2. Where to get it/install it
3. How to set it up
4. How to use it.

That's about it.

The show is hitting well over 1,000+ per show, so this would be a great
oppotunity to hit beginner users with the whole digital signing/encryption
thing right at the get go.

Of course you'd get proper credit, links to wherever you want, I'll pump up
the CLUG, etc. I'm all about karma!

Let me know what you think either on or off list.

Thanks!

Jon

--
Registered GNU/Linux User #391254