[clug-talk] Server questions

D Bhardwaj dbhardwaj at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 20 11:51:43 PDT 2005

Not a long reply at all. Thanks.
This is a new install, and SBS was purchased but I can convince the big boss to put it on the shelf. :)
So, there is no migration, email, etc. Its for a startup company.
Shawn - does that change your response?
Although the time is of the essence as well - if I could do the basic install and then continue with the config from my home (that is the reason for remote access requirement), then I could devote a lot more time.
As far as security goes, there is a dlink router, the server box has 2 nics. Can something be done with this setup so negating the need for a separate firewall box?
Is one distro better than another for firewall?

I am looking to gain from in terms of experience, and deliver to customer a good server that hopefully will require little maintenance, will not have MS exchange,

Dharam