[clug-talk] installfest

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Sat Sep 17 17:32:19 PDT 2005

On Saturday 17 September 2005 18:08, Tek Budda wrote:
> Can we post the details on the fest to the list just to make sure
> everyone knows?

Cut and paste straight from the web page [http://www.clug.ca/node/167].... :)
Start: 2005-09-18 09:00
End: 2005-09-18 18:00

Event Description:

The next CLUG Installfest will be held on September 18th, at the University of
Calgary - Room 202 in Scurfield Hall.
 Click here
[http://www.clug.ca/files/pictures/Sep05Installfest/installfest_map.jpg] to
see a map of the campus, with some highlights to help find your way there.
Bring your computer, and we'll help you get Linux installed on it. Bring your
questions and we'll answer them as best we can.

- If you are bringing your computer, please bring everything needed to get the
computer up and running in a useful manner. This includes a monitor,
keyboard/mouse, power cables, network cables, etc.
- It IS possible to resize a hard drive partition, but doing so always has a
chance of not working and forcing a re-partition and reformat of the drive.
Please backup all your data before the event, and be prepared to
reformat/reinstall if necessary.
- We will have CDs/DVDs available for the more common Linux Distributions. We
will also have the capacity on hand to make more should we run out.
- We have had hardware problems crop up many times in the past. Please check
your hardware before attending, and try to allow for time to setup your
equipment and potential problems that may take some time to resolve.
- In some cases a system can be set up in less than an hour, where others may
take all day. Please allocate enough time for your needs.
- Space should not be a problem. The room is large enough to handle many many
people and computers.

Please feel free to post the Installfest Flyer
[http://www.clug.ca/files/flyers/sept_installfest.pdf] at work, or on other
pertinent bulletin boards.

If you have any questions or concerns, please use the Executive Contact Page
[http://www.clug.ca/node/119] and forward your questions to the Event
Coordinator or the President.