[clug-talk] Migrating an office database

Nick Wiltshire nick at dyna-tech.ca
Fri Sep 16 11:38:05 PDT 2005

Hey all,

I just got off the phone with a client who was wisely running an access
database from an actively used PC in the office. It crashed. Hard.

I delivered a new machine to them yesterday so it turns out they have an extra
box laying around and I'd like to reccomend to them that they run their
backoffice in Linux [yay this post is on topic]

The issue is, how do I allow their windows boxes to connect to a database on
the Linux server? Do I use ODBC? Is there any gotchas?

Nick