[clug-talk] [OT] USB 2.x I/O card

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Wed Sep 14 15:44:31 PDT 2005

Maybe you're looking at a simple problem in a complex way?

Maybe try pulling of the front panel of your computer and see how the USB
ports are connected.  Is it just a type A connector to a socket?  If so, then
a type A to type A cable would be all you need....

Failing that, the USB Hub solution is probably much more feasible, than
messing with hardware.  So you have two USB 1.0 connectors on the front
panel, and X number of USB 2.0 connectors on the hub.  USB Hubs can be found
for less than $20 these days... even USB 2.0 hubs....  (check with VFX)

My thoughts...

Shawn