[clug-talk] [OT] USB 2.x I/O card

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Wed Sep 14 15:39:08 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 3:51 pm, Jarrod Major wrote:
> I tried calling them about this... they don't carry such a thing. The
> problem is that the card has a USB type A connector... on the inside as
> well as the ones on the outside. My case front panel USB jacks actually
> plug into the motherboard (not with a Type A USB connector).

I'm being stupid about this... I could probably pick up a typical pin block
from somewhere like active and remove the Type A USB connector from the
circuit board and put this block in its place.

Somehow the whole idea of messing with a manufactured board seems wrong...
there was a time. And naturally it would void any kind of warranty for the
card.

Don't you love those square peg in round hole problems?

--
Jarrod Major
Registered Linux User: #224211