[clug-talk] Persistant Samba Mounts

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Wed Sep 14 14:47:30 PDT 2005

Try mounting as cifs instead.  Samba provides both so you should not need to
install anything more.

//servername/share /mnt cifs credentials=/path/to/creds,gid=wheel 0 0

I had lots of issues on my wlan until I switched.  Cifs is also what
you need to
connect to Windows server 2003 as SMB is disabled by default.

For scripts, I use ssh keys and one of scp, rsync (utilizing ssh), and shfs.

--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a
large number