[clug-talk] [OT] USB 2.x I/O card

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Wed Sep 14 11:39:56 PDT 2005

I have put USB2 cards into nearly all of my machines (not the windows one,
becuase I can't find the driver for the generic card, talk about irony).
Generally of more use is to figure out the chipset that is used on the USB2
card, google is your friend here.  I try to match the chipset of the USB2 card
with the chipset of the motherboard (So via and intel are gouped together, ALi
and the rest get grouped together).

Having said that USB seems to be well supported under linux 2.6, as is
firewire.
I have not yet had a device not work under linux.
--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a
large number

Quoting Jarrod Major <jmajor at nucleus.com>:

> Hey does anyone have any experience with installing a USB 2.x interface card?
> My desktop system is still using USB 1.0 and I'd like to take advantage of
> USB 2.x's speed. Are these cards well supported under Linux? I'm checking the
> supported hardware sites as we speak. I just want to know if anyone has any
> practical experience.
>
> TIA
> --
> Jarrod Major
> Registered Linux User: #224211
> GPG Fingerprint: 4556 EFA8 EC69 7C54 EE33  C881 2C7C 0E10 2439 231E

This message was sent using Echostar Secure Webmail