[clug-talk] [OT] USB 2.x I/O card

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Wed Sep 14 10:49:52 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 11:07 am, Neil Bower wrote:
> I had installed a combo usb/firewire card and had no problems the hardware
> was recognized on bootup.
>
> It was a ST Lab PCI Firewire 1394 controller card.

Actually, it looks like ST Labs is well supported and their stuff is rated
highly. I am checking out a card at Memory Express it's a 4 port (3 external
and one internal) the one internal looks like a regular USB port, I'm going
to have to figure out how I am going to be able to connect my case front
panel connectors to this... they are currently just pligged into the mobo,
standard pin connector. Might have to sacrifice a cable and do some
soldering...

--
Jarrod Major
Registered Linux User: #224211