[clug-talk] Weird issue with SuSE 9.3

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Wed Sep 14 00:46:30 PDT 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 23:27, Alex wrote:
> ya i get that alot what its doing is customizing the dir depending on the
> cdvolume name ... i was just browsing my fstab.. and its not in there.. my
> bet its a yast some where

If its dynamic then it likely won't be in the /etc/fstab.  Likely something in
the <flamebait> evil yast voodoo dance</flamebait>

I don't usually mount things as mplayer and xine don't need the DVD mounted to
play movies.  For all other dynamic drives I use  udev to put things exactly
where I want.  In case I havn't gushed about this enough, udev is awesome for
handling usb keys and drives (imagine not having to worry about which device
is plugged in first).  But I am getting OT here.