[clug-talk] IPCop upgrade

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Tue Sep 13 18:54:56 PDT 2005

Hey Gang,

Since we were talking about IPCop recently, I decided to take a look at what
they've been up to lately. I downloaded the ISO for 1.4.8 and just did my
upgrade tonight. I gotta say, IPCop's method of allowing you to backup your
settings to floppy and then restore in the new version is SWEET!

I've used this feature once before. I don't upgrade very often but I know
they've made some substantial changes since I last upgraded. I can't remember
what I was running before. At any rate I cannot believe the job they've done
with the interface and layout of the web-based interface. Things are just
easier to deal with and find. I like some of the new features they've added
and look forward to investigating them some more.

Having seen someone's ClarkConnect interface, I was a little jealous but after
this upgrade to 1.4.8, I am very content. Funny what a face lift will do.

If you haven't tried IPCop out yet, I encourage you to take it for a spin.
--
Jarrod Major
GPG Fingerprint: 4556 EFA8 EC69 7C54 EE33  C881 2C7C 0E10 2439 231E