[clug-talk] wpa and linux

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Mon Sep 12 23:08:52 PDT 2005

Someone recently posted a question about WPA and linux.  There is an article
regarding this very topic in the September Linux Journal.

There are two wpa supplicants, on my kubuntu and debian boxes:

$ apt-cache search supplicant
wpasupplicant - Client support for WPA and WPA2 (IEEE 802.11i)
xsupplicant - 802.1x supplicant (client)

As far as I understand it, they both do the same thing so you should only need
one.  To build from source you will need OpenSSL 0.9.7 or later as well as the
developement files, again in debian these are usually suffixed with -dev (eg.
libssl-dev)

Hope this helps.
--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a large number
of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

This message was sent using Echostar Secure Webmail