[clug-talk] RE: Internet Filtering

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Sun Sep 11 04:02:52 PDT 2005

You need iptables to force all outbound traffic through dansguardian,
or else it
is trivial to bypass.  With an iptables firewall you set up an invisible proxy
so that all outbound traffic is redirected through dansguardian.  ALso, with
dansguardian on the firewall if anyone brings a laptop over or boots your
computer with knoppix, dansguardian is still used.

Just some of my thoughts.
--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a
large number