[clug-talk] Microsoft tries to recruit Eric Raymond

Rob Stallard stallard.rob at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 00:38:51 PDT 2005

Oh boy, elitist gonad measuring.

Does this really help anything? Shaming someone doesn't work.

If you yell and scream at someone for being stupid, they're still stupid
after you're done shouting.

On another note, this kind of reminds me of the movie Unforgiven. Near the
end of the movie Little bill accuses William Munny for being a thief and a
murderer. Munny agrees and then shoots him.

If a businessman is logging a rainforest for piles of cash, he's sure as
hell not going to stop because a few people disagree with his practices.

I'm sure these little articles are great for rousing rabble and adding fuel
to the fire, but outside of the minority of people that enjoy these types of
things, i doubt that they help all that much.

-Rob