[clug-talk] Help: Spam FIltering With Inflex

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Fri Sep 9 13:14:21 PDT 2005

Yep, RBL's help with spam via email.  However, the original post was looking
for tips on filtering web access.  The other suggestions regarding squid and
dans guardian, as well as IPCop with the addons are well on track...

Filtering mail seems to be a hit and miss thing.  I do use RBLs, and
spamassassin/antivirus, but I'm still getting a fair bit of spam, that isn't
tagged as such.  When I check the logs, I can see that the RBLs are being
used and blocking some traffic, and some spam does get tagged... but it's
going to be an on-going battle... maybe we should plan a workshop on spam
filtering?  I know I don't have the level of knowledge needed to "drive" a
workshop, but I would most definetly want to attend....

My thoughts...

Shawn