[clug-talk] Internet Filtering

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Thu Sep 8 09:34:40 PDT 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:30 am, Mike Bougie wrote:
> I can't just have it running when my turn on my machine? or is it too
> much of a workload?
>
> i will let you know re the other machine. i'd rather not have another
> rig running if at all possible.

Mike,

Dave is describing a hardware firewall. IPCop is its own distribution, so yes,
you would need a dedicated box to run this on. This computer would have to
have at least two NIC's to be able to serve your home network.

I too am running IPCop here at home mine has three NIC's because I run with a
DMZ for my web server. Check out http://www.ipcop.org/ for more info.

It really is a breeze to install.
--
Jarrod Major
4556 EFA8 EC69 7C54 EE33  C881 2C7C 0E10 2439 231E