[clug-talk] Memory Express no longer a CLUG sponsor

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 7 16:09:38 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 03:54, Jarrod Major wrote:
> Anyway, I thought this needed to be said. Our sponsors don't get much from
> us except patronage. The more we can do this the more sales they can make
> off us. It irks me that some people believe that these discounts are owed
> to them. It was always meant as a bonus for our Tier 2 members. And I know

my 0.02: "sponsorship" probably shouldn't be equated with "someone who gives
our members a discount for spending our money there". that's not really
sponsorship, but an incentive to get our people into their shops.

sponsorship should probably take the form of "company X gives CLUG the
following services or products in return for recognition and the opportunity
to support the local open source friendly tech sector".

--
Aaron J. Seigo