[clug-talk]FTP server setup

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Mon Sep 5 12:52:15 PDT 2005

On Monday 05 September 2005 11:31, D Bhardwaj wrote:
> Right now I have IIS/FTP configured correctly I hope, and the virtual
> server FTP enabled on the dlink router. I will look at linux options later
> when I have a box setup. However when testing, it keeps coming up with
> 'this document contains no data' leaving me stumped. I prefer to stay away
> from rdp since the use at the other end shouldn't have access to the entire
> machine.
>
> any help welcome
>
> Dharam

That message appears to indicate a problem in the IIS FTP Server
configuration.  So I would start looking at the management tools there.

Take a look at google either for details on setting up FTP on IIS, or for
other groups who focus on IIS... ?  I'm not sure if the CLUG mailing list is
the best place to be asking for Windows support.... <grins>
(i.e it's off topic for the list.)

My thoughts...