[clug-talk] Shut off the 'tap' on my touchpad.

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Sat Sep 3 21:47:20 PDT 2005

Hey Jesse,

I tried the alt-p thing in the bios and no go. I'll look into a bios update
tomorrow - you may be onto something here. I'll let you know how it goes.

My XF86Config-4 file doesn't detect a PS/2 mouse. Here's the (I think)
important section:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
# PS/2 Mouse not detected
# Serial Mouse not detected
        InputDevice    "USB Mouse" "CorePointer"
# ALPS TouchPad not detected
# Synaptics TouchPad not detected
        InputDevice    "ALPS Touchpad"  "Core Pointer"
EndSection

I manually added the ALPS Touchpad part.

The only pointing device it seems to find is a USB Mouse which must be what my
touchpad is emulating.

Off to play with my bios...

Jon