[clug-talk] Shut off the 'tap' on my touchpad.

Jesse Kline jesse at kline.ca
Sat Sep 3 17:40:52 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 11:25 -0400, Jon wrote:
> Hey Jesse,
>
> No luck there. Dell BIOS' are for dummies. There's almost no options in there
> except date/time and boot order. Nothing about the touchpad.
>
> Thanks!

I have an Inspiron 4000, and it has the same BIOS as some other
Inspiron's that I have used in the past. You may want to look into
upgrading your bios if it doesn't have this feature, but...
Go into the bios and hat Alt-p a few times until you get to "Basic
Device Configuration". There should be an option that says "Pointing
Device" which will let you disable the touchapd. Failing this, try going
into your X server config file, and comment out the section for the ps/2
pointing device.

Jesse