[clug-talk] Xndros

bogi khangyi at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 3 17:32:15 PDT 2005

Hi,
Look at suse, mandriva, linspire. These are very good for desktops, look at
suse, fedora, mandriva, gentoo, debian for general server installations, now
don't get confused by having the same distro in both listings. Also look at
speciality distros like ipcop, smoothwall for speciality border control and
routing functions.
It helps a little bit to use the same distro, but usually the specific
benefits of using the most suitable distro for the job out weigh the
simplifications provided be using a single distro for everything.

Cheers
Szemir