[clug-talk] Shut off the 'tap' on my touchpad.

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Sat Sep 3 12:20:15 PDT 2005

Thanks Graham,

I tried the Synaptics driver and followed the install isntructions, but to no
avail. No errors or anything, just no change in behaviour.

I almost think that my touchpad is emulating a mouse somehow and that XF86 is
unaware that it's a touchpad. I think this because shutting the touchpad off
altogether in the KDE Control Centre has no effect and my XF86Config-4 file
actually says in it 'No Synpatics touchpad detected' and 'ALSP Touchpad not
detected'.

Very frustrating...

Jon