[clug-talk] Shut off the 'tap' on my touchpad.

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Sat Sep 3 07:56:47 PDT 2005

Hey All,

I'm running Kanotix with KDE on a Dell Inspiron 1000 and my stupid touch pad
is driving me nuts. I don't want to shut it off entirely, but I really need
to shut off the 'tap' feature.

I've been into the KDE control panel and set the following:

Peripherals -> Touchpad -> General -> Touch Pad is set to 'off'
Peripherals -> Touchpad -> Tapping -> Enable Tapping is unchecked.

Yet the neither setting has any effect on the touchpad. It still works (which
seems to bely the 'touch pad set to off' setting) and the tapping still works
(which seems to bely the 'enable tapping is unchecked' setting).

This is killing me...does anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks!

Jon