[clug-talk] OT : Place to purchase 40mm fan on short notice

Scott sprainedsoul at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:02:50 PDT 2005

I thought I'd take a shot at the mailing list while I'm phoning up
stores/sellers.

I need to track down a decent 40mm fan (it's to replace a Northbridge fan on
a asus a8n-sli), and neither my work's supplier nor stores nearby have them.

Does anyone know of store here in Calgary that would have one of these guys
in stock? Asus's replacement fan apparently has the same life time
expectancy of the one that came with the board (about 1-3 months). Doesn't
matter if it's a 3 or 4 pin, and apparently most 40mm fans are about 10-15mm
high. It's either I track down one of these, or find a Zalman ZM-NB47J /
ZM-NB32J.

Any help would be appreciated :-)

--Scott Newman