[clug-talk] Server install v1.

Cirez Communications, inc. jacirez at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:54:48 PDT 2005

This may be a bit late; but here it goes: for anyone trying to deploy
a server, specially a relative new user, I would recommend a bare
bone distro, i.e SLACKWARE. Deploying any kind of network service is a
potential can of worms in several fronts; not the least of which is
security. Knowing where everything is and how everything works means
the difference between a stable deployment or a pain the a$$.
Slackware is not pretty; but it is easier to setup, administer, secure
and mantain...

--
-------------------Cirez Communications, inc.----------------