[clug-talk] Event - MySQL Meeting (SANUG)

Cameron Nikitiuk cameron.nikitiuk at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 30 18:06:48 PST 2005

Hi All,

This was posted a month or so ago but was postponed due to a lack of
interest.  But there was only a day or so notice of the event.  I was going
to announce it at the last meeting but was not able to go, so I thought I
would post for other to see.  I don't have the original post from the SANUG
representative but here is some information on the event:

	"Now that Novell ships MySQL with it's NetWare and SUSE Linux offerings, we
thought
	it might be a good idea to have someone from MySQL come to talk to the
group.

	Mike Hillyer with MySQL will be the presenter for our February meeting.
Mike has been
	using MySQL for several years. In that time he has received both the MySQL
Core and
	MySQL Professional certifications and has spoken at the 2003 and 2004 MySQL
User
	Conferences. Mike is the webmaster of vbmysql.com, a site dedicated to
helping Visual
	Basic developers use MySQL, and also volunteers as the resident MySQL
expert in the
	Ask the Experts section of searchdatabase.com. Mike is the top ranked MySQL
expert
	at www.experts-exchange.com.

	There will be pizza and refreshments provided, so please RSVP."

There is a link on the website to RSVP or you can contact Scott Perley at
sperley at myrealbox.com.

Event Details:
* Time: 5:00 - 7:00pm
* Location: CDI Education Training Centre
	     Scotia Centre, Suite 400, 700 - 2nd Street SW
	     Calgary, Albert

To the executives:

Could we look at adding this annoucement to the agenda as well for the next
meeting?