[clug-talk] [Off-Topic] Windows longhorn to feature a new kernel?

Travis Rousseau travis at 802.11calgary.com
Sat Mar 26 23:26:07 PST 2005

At
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/longhorn_preview_2005.asp#roadmap
under next generation platform it says:
One thing users should be aware of is that Longhorn will include a new
kernel and will thus not offer the same level of compatibility with
legacy 16-bit and 32-bit code that Windows XP does today. For business
users, Microsoft believes that Virtual PC 2007 will help broaden
corporations' compatibility options. But the company will also ship an
early release of the Longhorn Compatibility Toolkit in 2005 to get users
ready for the changes.

Now I think this is well needed for windows, BUT.....
I cant wait to see what linux and OSS has by the time Windows Longhorn
comes out!

Travis R.