[clug-talk] Suggestions?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Wed Mar 23 05:27:57 PST 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 16:03, Trever Miller wrote:
> I would suggest that in some offices, the second type of person is more
> prevalent, perhaps 80% of the staff. And there's nothing wrong with
> that, you just have to realize that they exist and that their world view
> must be taken into consideration when you are about to make any changes
> to their daily worklives. Something as simple as changing from one type
> of word processor or browser to another can leave some of them flapping
> like a fish on the dock.

Yep, I've seen offices like this.  But in these cases, they usually hire
somebody to make the IT choices for them and perform IT management.  These
people (the hired IT pros) are the ones who should be looking at the
customer's best interests (bottom line), and making practical recommendations
with based on costs, current experience, current environment, etc.
Unfortunately, too many consulting companies make choices for their customers
on what is best for their own company (the consultants) - not the customer...
Sometimes this is valid, other times it's not.
But, that's a different business issue...

My thoughts...