[clug-talk] Shaw Xtreme-I Internet Service

Jim Clarke jclarke at wiredunderground.com
Wed Mar 23 11:42:34 PST 2005

I have found it to be a significant improvement, 25% overall bandwidth
improvement upstream and downstream. Current stats indicated:

3.7 megabits per second

Communications 3.7 megabits per second
Storage 453.9 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 2.3 seconds
Subjective rating Awesome

provided by: http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Stats posted effective Mar 23 | 12:00pm

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 11:33:50 -0700, Nick W wrote
> On March 23, 2005 11:27 am, Jon Copeland wrote:
> > Has anyone got this service, what are your opinions on it?
> > Good/bad/faster?  You have to get a new docsis modem to use this
> > service, is there more restrictive port monitoring with it or anything
> > vaguely like that?  Is there a big and noticeable speed advantage?
> >
> > Your thoughts on this.
> >

> I personally love it. It increases your downstream by quite a bit,
> and Ive seen 130k up. Great if you bittorrent a lot.
>
> No increased monitoring/restriction that I have seen.
>
> Nick

-- WiredUnderground Corporation --
Tomorrows Products Today
http://www.wiredunderground.com