[clug-talk] Suggestions?

travis at 802.11calgary.com travis at 802.11calgary.com
Tue Mar 22 12:42:45 PST 2005

> Hey All,
>
> I\'m due to give a talk next month to a group new entrepreneurs and small
> business owners. I would like to introduce them to Linux and explain how
> they
> can benefit from the use of open source software.
>
> As this will be the first talk I\'ve given on this subject, I\'m looking
for
> some suggestions on what topics I should include, articles I can reference
> or
> any general hints, tips or advice
>
> Thanks
>
> Martin

I\'d say explain to them how its free (as in fredom) to do what they want
with it how they want with it.

How they could uise samba shares for there windows computers or even host
they\'re own website. They could use ipcop for they\'re business network.
and how they can spend little or no money (Eg. spend $50 on a computer
from vfxweb and load linux on for free rather than spending $500 to get a
computer with windows on

I dont know those are just some ideas of the top of my head

Travis R.