[clug-talk] OT - Apologies for top posting

Nick W nickw77 at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 17 12:02:15 PST 2005

On March 17, 2005 12:52 pm, Frank wrote:
> Prefer top-posting here.  Can't see the sense in anything else!   ;cP

It ruins the flow of conversation. Try following a thread on a mailing list to
get help with something when everyone has top posted. PITA.

> Unless I've missed something recently, the bottom-posting Gestapo in our
> lovely little organization are an unofficial entity and their preference
> is just that, not a solid rule.  So go nuts!!!   :c)

Not a solid rule, but a good idea, IMHO :)

> If we could get everyone - and I do mean everyone - to trim the CLUG sig
> lines from the bottom of their postings, so we don't get SIXTEEN of them
> in a long thread, I for one would feel infinite gratitude and joy.  I
> might even have enough left over to meditate on the concept of
> bottom-posting, for all the good it would do in changing my behaviour.

It doesn't matter if you top post, nobody ever sees it :D

Just for you:

LOL! OK Im done...hopefully my humor is taken as lightly as intended.

Nick