[clug-talk] Create / Edit / Save PDF - Open Source for Windows

graham gdmonk at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 17 11:25:34 PST 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 10:35, Dave Watkins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just looking now but was wondering what any of you have been using to
> create, edit and save .pdf documents. A customer of mine wants to spend
> $600.00 and I'm hoping to save him a few $$$. The app must run on Windows
> OS.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave Watkins

Scribus has now been persuaded to run on Windows under Cygwin.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Installing_Scribus_on_Win32
I have managed to get it installed on a Win98 box and it does seem to work
but  slow, Windows install is kinda rough and limited memory, others have
reported better results.
Scribus makes nice PDFs

Graham