[clug-talk] Linux C++ programming :)

Ian Wormsbecker ianw at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 14 07:53:47 PST 2005

I suggest using the book Accelerated C++ by Koenig and Moo
http://acceleratedcpp.com/

It actually teaches C++, as apposed to books like Deitel and Deitel
which teach you C with some C++ thrown in.

http://www.accu.org/ is a great place to read book reviews about various
programming languages.

If you are making gui programs, you may also want to look at things like
the various tutorials for QT or GTK.

Ian.