[clug-talk] Apache proxy for AutoDesk Mapguide?

Dave Lee dave.lee.wilson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 16:33:27 PST 2005

Shawn <sgrover at open2space.com> wrote:
> Has anyone done this?
>
> I'm trying to set up an Apache proxy (virtual host with
> ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directives) to the MapGuide server (which is
> running IIS and using the ISAPI MapAgent).  The virtual host is working - we
> are getting the proper page loading - but the maps are not displaying
> properly (blank map).
>
> The page in question uses the mapguide activex control, and seems to download
> the maps to the client then render them.  Strange thing is that if we load
> the page from a box on the internal network, the maps load. The map files
> have reference to an internal URL, and at first glance it appears that we'll
> have to change all instances of this URL.  Is there a better way?  Or maybe
> there's another port that needs to be opened? (I'm stretching here....)

are these dwf files?  I recall having to change every url in one of
these files, and it actually wasn't too hard.  I believe what I did
was unzip the dwf's (they're just zip format, containing a bunch of
files).  Again, it's been a while, but one of these files in the dwf
zip was a  xml file that had the urls in it.  I ran the file through a
perl script to change the url's as needed.  I think there was a trick
to updating the dwf file though.  I couldn't just zip the files up
into a new file and then rename it to .dwf, I had to update the
original dwf because I think it had some non-standard header bytes at
the beginning of the dwf file.  I recall the updating of the original
dwf to be tricky/troublesome.

I should remember this better, but this is all I've got.  Your dwf's
might not be the same file format version as mine was.

Dave