[clug-talk] Apache proxy for AutoDesk Mapguide?

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Fri Mar 11 02:11:20 PST 2005

Has anyone done this?

I'm trying to set up an Apache proxy (virtual host with
ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse directives) to the MapGuide server (which is
running IIS and using the ISAPI MapAgent).  The virtual host is working - we
are getting the proper page loading - but the maps are not displaying
properly (blank map).

The page in question uses the mapguide activex control, and seems to download
the maps to the client then render them.  Strange thing is that if we load
the page from a box on the internal network, the maps load. The map files
have reference to an internal URL, and at first glance it appears that we'll
have to change all instances of this URL.  Is there a better way?  Or maybe
there's another port that needs to be opened? (I'm stretching here....)

A search of google (for the past hour) didn't provide much useful.  Thanks in
advance for any tips you may have.