[clug-talk] A Mirror for clug

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Thu Mar 10 20:10:02 PST 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 8:56 pm, Travis Rousseau wrote:
> Who is in charge of the clug.ca website? If I can get them to edit
> clug.ca's dns zone (or get the host to) to make it something like
> mirror.clug.ca or mirror1.clug.ca point to my server I will setup the
> mirror like a real mirror, not the sloppy way it is now.

Hmm, well that is me for now. I was able to set this up in a jiffy, good idea
Travis!

Everyone can now use http://mirror.clug.ca to get to these ISO's

> I'll try to find the md5's  while this happeneds

You have to make them yourself... at a console, do:

:~> md5sum iso_name.iso

and after it works away at it, it will spit out the checksum value which you
can copy to a file and dump into your directory with each iso.

actually if you do:

:~> md5sum iso_name.iso | iso_checsum.txt

it will automatically pipe the value into a text file that we can use to
verify our downloads, you can do this right on your server and save yourself
some trouble.

--
Jarrod Major
GPG Fingerprint: FA4A 1EA3 A0EE A842 07BB  804C 0090 14F6 BE6E DE3D