[clug-talk] Re: [elug] PCI Wireless Cards - Recommendations?

Gustin Johnson gustin at echostar.ca
Sat Mar 5 10:58:04 PST 2005

I have several PCMCIA and an older linksys (802.11B) PCI, all working.  I tend
to look for cards that are supported by either the linux wlan-ng
(http://www.linux-wlan.org/) or the prism54 (http://prism54.org) projects

Basically these are all prism based chipsets but the extented feature sets an
open source nature in addition to their stability (some of the vendor supplied
drivers have been flakey for me in the past) eclipse the other vendors
options.
--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a
large number