[clug-talk] vmware

Martin Glazer linux at glazer.ca
Wed Mar 2 19:45:22 PST 2005

> In practice, it appears to be different. They did not get back to me when I
> provided Martin's details.
>
> Martin did they ever get back to you?

I have never heard from vmware despite multiple emails to their lug contact
address. The promotion that they are offering looks like hot air to me and I
am quite disappointed at their lack of response.

You can find the information here
https://www.vmware.com/linuxuser/linuxuser_login.jsp

I also attempted to go through a local reseller (Longview), but they could
offer nothing better than what I could get myself by downloading off the web
(actually it was cheaper for me to buy directly from VMware).

In the end, I decided to hold off on purchasing vmware until the new release
(V5) of workstation comes out.

HTH and let me know if you have any success with them.

Martin