[clug-talk] vmware

Jarrod Major jarrod at digitaldemesne.net
Wed Mar 2 10:12:06 PST 2005

Quick answer:

We are supposed to have a discounted price for Tier Two members with VMware.
However, as Martin Glazer can attest to, it's not something that is easily
done.

The process as we have been told is that the President of CLUG is supposed
to contact VMware with the credentials of the member who would like to
purchase their software. They are supposed to get in touch with you and give
you the discounted price.

In practice, it appears to be different. They did not get back to me when I
provided Martin's details.

Martin did they ever get back to you?

This is one of those mileage-may-vary things. I wish things were easier, it
seems that some of our Sponsors make our members jump through too many hoops
to take advantage of any discount.

Jarrod