[clug-talk] [News] Good article on Open Office 2.0

Jarrod Major jmajor at nucleus.com
Tue Mar 1 11:06:40 PST 2005

Hey Group,

There is a good article/review of Open Office 2.0.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/5764/1/

I was quite interested to read that it now supports OASIS XML as an open
file format. This is encouraging. I guess they are finally trying to get us
out from under the proprietary file formats. This is a good thing.

While I don't use OOo, I do see the value and need for such a tool. I use
Koffice apps for any spreadsheet or word processing work I need to do. The
CLUG Financial Statement was prepared using Kspread. The tools are out there
and they just work.

Jarrod