[clug-talk] Best distro for

unleashed unleashed at unleashedgamers.com
Mon Jan 24 00:34:57 PST 2005

This setup:
2X WDC Raptors for the / partion (37GB each) setup in a software raid 0
connected to a promise raid card(would be hardware setup but i need a
floppy drive lol)
2X Maxor 120GB harddrives for the /home partion setup in a software raid
0 (the first part of each of the maxors ether is for the /boot or swap)
HP DVD writer dvd630 (Dual layer)
Geforce 4 graphics card
athlon xp

I have tried this with the following distros
Mandrake 10.0 and 10.1 Both worked but I really don't like the feel of
Mandrake
Suse 9.1 and 9.2 both don't boot
Slackware 10 I need the software to be updated to the latest of almost
everything
Debian sarge didn't boot
Gentoo I didn't set it up right
fedora core 3 worked

Is there others I should try?  should i try something in a different way?

Sorry if this is confusing It's because im a little tired

Travis R.