[clug-talk] Enterprise Linux?

Kevin Anderson maillist at digital-adrenaline.com
Fri Jan 21 11:11:32 PST 2005

I called Novell's tech support twice 5 years of working at a previous job with
Netware.  The person who answered the phone asked about 10 questions about
our network, and then clearly knew our network better than I did.  (This was
regarding NDS replication issues in both instances).

I'd recommend Novell's tech support as some of the most accurate, and best in
the world.  They aren't cheap, but there won't be an idiot who transfers you
to a moron, who transfers you to a basic user, who transfers you to a power
user, who transfers you to a guru.  You'll call in, wait on the phone for a a
while (you can request songs that they'll play while you're on hold using
their music request website, which is kinda neat.  You'll get bored of it
about the time that they answer) and then you'll talk to a guru who WILL
answer your question accurately the first time.  It was money well spent both
times that I've needed it.

I'd love to have that team behind me for Linux support too.

Kev.