[clug-talk] Enterprise Linux?

Kevin Anderson maillist at digital-adrenaline.com
Fri Jan 21 10:28:16 PST 2005

I'll say only that I went this route with Gentoo, and have (eventually) come
to regret it.  Not because things are broken, more because vendors will
simply refuse to support this or that on anything except RHAS or SLES.

I love Gentoo, but I'll be running SLES on anything I set up as a corporate
solution going forward.

Kinda funny.  Aaron gives a LDAP demo, and repeatedly advises people to look
to Gentoo.  And I'm moving from Gentoo to Suse.  Who knew?

Of course, I love Novell, and pretty much knew Gentoo's days (for me) were
numbered once Novell had a distro.

One complaint/suggestion with Suse.  There should be a separate partition
for /boot.  It irritates me that there isn't (by default).  And it TOTALLY
screws up in VMware due to this simple little issue.

Kev.