[clug-talk] Enterprise Linux?

Travis Rousseau unleashed at unleashedgamers.com
Thu Jan 20 21:07:19 PST 2005

Well for Redhat I have one RHEL3 server and a few RH9 and FC3 computers.
  From them there is a few main differences the first is support for
RHEL Redhat provides support right to you. For FC3 you find what support
you can (You'll find it for everything!). The second main difference is
your not using release packages (or at least me) with RHEL3 your using
old packages with security fixes back ported to older "Known to be fully
stable". Now with fedora core you get the packages at release time and
they have undergone little if any testing so you do not know how well it
will react in the situation it is put in and you must worry about
package discrepancys.

I will install a Suse Enterprise server 9 from novell right now and
report back the diffrences for suse.

Travis R.