[clug-talk] Corporate Groupware Solution (Windows/Linux)

Johnny Stork stork at openenterprise.ca
Wed Jan 19 14:58:11 PST 2005

I have what is starting to look like an intractible problem. Or maybe an indication of a great opportunity for filling a niche in the mixed Linux/Windows world. If any one here has any suggestions I would be greatful. I beleive I sent out a similiar request last year sometime and a few did reply, (Aaron maybe), with things like Kroupware, and others with OpenGroupware I think. And I have used eGroupware, PhpGroupware etc, but so far I dont think I have the complete solution. So once again, in case anything new has shown up in the industry, I am trying to find a corporate groupware solution with the following features:

Works seamlesslessly with Outlook clients (shared calendar, contacts etc)

Standards based (ical, vcard etc)

Document management

LDAP authentication

Web interface

POP/IMAP with server-side filters

Modular (can add forums, project management, rss feeds etc etc)

>From the email perspective I want to be able to acces the email from ANY client supporting IMAP and have the folders, and filters, all working from the server-side.

The Novell OpenExchange Server 4.1 seems pretty close but is locked to a particualr distro and the next version does not have enough info that I can find to say if it supports all of what I am looking for.

And Groupwise seems to also be close, but depends on eDirectory and not LDAP? Correct me if I am wrong.

This seems like it would be such a useful product, to support all these things, but just cant seem to find anything close yet.

Open Enterprise Solutions
Linux & Open Source Solutions for Business

Johnny Stork
Squamish, BC

www.openenterprise.ca