[clug-talk] Query - Reading OOo/SO Files Formats

Shawn sgrover at open2space.com
Wed Jan 19 12:35:58 PST 2005

If I were needing to transfer a document, I would not use HTML or PDF - (well,
I'd use PDF if I didn't need to edit the document).  Rather, I'd use RTF -
which almost all word processors in existence can read, is not MS specific,
and is well supported.  This would allow me to open the file in any
processor, edit it, save the changes, then open the file in another
processor.  Unless I were doing something fancy with formatting, there is no
data loss. (this is the usual problem when converting between different

No one had mentioned RTF yet, so I thought I'd throw in my two cents....