[clug-talk] Query - Reading OOo/SO Files Formats

Kin C Wong kwong at csa-pdk.com
Wed Jan 19 11:27:26 PST 2005

On 1/19/2005 9:40:46 AM, cameron.nikitiuk at shaw.ca, CLUG General
(clug-talk at clug.ca) wrote:
 > I do hear what you and Kev are saying, but what if you are somewhere
 > where
 > you cannot download OOo for some reason (not allowed, dialup, etc.)

There are reasons for having a viewer -- if there wasn't they would not
exist.  On the ms side, I use Quick View Plus from www.stellant.com in
conjunction with MyPowerDesk.  It works well and allows you to view in
particular graphics files that are foreign to your computer.  My version is
rather dated and can not read OOo files -- I am sure that they have remedy
that in a more current version.

If you are looking for something that you don't have to load onto a
computer, let me know if you find one.  Frequently I find myself in a
position where you can not load anything on the computer or you choose not to.